Security is one of the fastest growing industries in Australia
With many different opportunities you could be
working in a Security Role at:
• Shopping Centres
• Sporting Events
• Exibition Buildings
• Mobile Patrols
• Defence Sites*
• Courts Houses*
• Airports* & Ports*
• Building Security
• Music Festivals
• Motor Racing
• Concierge for Hotels
• Wine & Lifestyle Festivals
Who can enrol in this qualification
The qualification is designed for people who wish to obtain a security license & work in manpower sector of the private security industry to patrol, protect or guard any property while unarmed (and whether while static or mobile).
Participants must have sufficient skills to read, write and communicate in English and have basic computer skills. Participants must also be physically fit enough, to perform defensive techniques, and bend/kneel for at least 2 minutes for CPR.
What to bring
A pen, small notepad , 100 points of ID – JP certified, your USI**
Licensing & Regulatory Requirements
To perform these duties in Victoria, you will be required to hold a Licence as an Unarmed Guard/Crowd Controller. Victoria police issue these licenses and they will require you to supply:
• CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations, completed within the last 12 months
• Meet The Criminal History and Fingerprint checks
• Proof of Australian Work Rights
• 2 written suitability references(Vicpol Document)
All training & assessment is face to face with a minimum of 136 hours, with an additional 12 hours of recommended home study/revision.
** Course times start at 830am – 5pm Monday to Friday **
Assessment is conducted by the below methods:
• Theory Questions
• 2 Closed booked examinations
• Practical Assessments:
Security Scenarios in crowd control, managing conflict, controlling access, defensive tactics, health & safety, mobile and foot patrolling and the law.
On successful completion participants will be issued:
CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations (Typically within 7-14 days, but may vary)
*Additional Training Required
**USI – Unique Student Identifier is a Commonwealth Gov’t Reference, available from www.usi.gov.au
- CPPSEC2101 Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
- CPPSEC2102 Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
- CPPSEC2103 Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
- CPPSEC2104 Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
- CPPSEC2105 Provide quality services to a range of security clients
- CPPSEC2106 Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
- CPPSEC2107 Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
- CPPSEC2108 Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
- CPPSEC2109 Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
- CPPSEC2110 Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
- CPPSEC2111 Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
- CPPSEC2112 Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
- CPPSEC2113 Escort and protect persons and valuables
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Why choose Executive Training Group?
ETG is an accredited Registered Training Organisation delivering Nationally Recognised qualifications for licensing outcomes for 20 years to thousands of students. We do what we train our directors own 2 security businesses
LOCATION: Advised on enrolment DRESS CODE: Neat & Casual. No Singlets or Thongs
FIRST DAY: Please arrive approximately 1/2 hour early to complete any outstanding paperwork.
Don’t wait book your place now!
ETG trainers impart their expertise, skills and knowledge to you, so you are fully prepared to enter the industry. Classes fill quickly, so be sure to enrol early to secure your place.
REFEREES You will need to 2 referees from the approved list to fill out the proforma references(available from the E-Services portal). One of the above referees MUST certify all your documents. This can be done before or after the completion of your training. Victoria Police require you to apply within 12 months of the date of your certificate.
|Nov 10-Dec 3|
|Jan 11 - Feb 04|
|Mar 1 - Mar 24|
|May 4 - May 27|
|Jun 29 - Jul 22|
|Aug 3 - Aug 26|
|Sept 7 - Sept 30|
|Nov 2 - Nov 25|
Share this course brochure with firends and family today.
Want to make Security your next career?
This is just the beginning, Take the next step today!