Australian Capital Territory
Security is one of the fastest growing industries in Australia
With many different opportunities you could be
working in a Security Role at:
• Shopping Centres
• Sporting Events
• Exibition Buildings
• Mobile Patrols
• Defence Sites*
• Courts Houses*
• Airports* & Ports*
• Building Security
• Music Festivals
• Motor Racing
• Concierge for Hotels
• Wine & Lifestyle Festivals
Who can enrol in this qualification
The qualification is designed for people who wish to obtain a security license & work in manpower sector of the private security industry to patrol, protect or guard any property while unarmed (and whether while static or mobile).
Participants must have sufficient skills to read, write and communicate in English and have basic computer skills. Participants must also be physically fit enough, to perform defensive techniques, and bend/kneel for at least 2 minutes for CPR.
What to bring
A pen, small notepad , 100 points of ID – JP certified, your USI**
Licensing & Regulatory Requirements
To perform these duties in the ACT, you will be required to hold a 1 AC Licence. Access Canberra issue these licenses and they will require you to supply:
- CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations
- A Primary Proof of Identity document: photographic
- Secondary Proof of Identity document
- Workplace rights and responsibilities training from the united workers union
- A fingerprint-verified Police Certificate(details at rear)
Training may be 136 hours of face to face or 86 hours of
self-pace learning, with online and written materials (Typically 2 to 3 weeks) and then 57 hours of face to face assessment (Typically over 8 days)
Assessment is conducted by the below methods:
• Theory Questions
• 2 Closed booked examinations
• Practical Assessments:
Security Scenarios in crowd control, managing conflict, controlling access, defensive tactics, health & safety, mobile and foot patrolling and the law.
On successful completion participants will be issued:
CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations (Typically within 7-14 days, but may vary)
*Additional Training Required
**USI – Unique Student Identifier is a Commonwealth Gov’t Reference, available from www.usi.gov.au
Unarrmed Guard and Crowd Control
Costs $1495 (Excluding licensing Fees)
- CPPSEC2101 Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
- CPPSEC2102 Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
- CPPSEC2103 Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
- CPPSEC2104 Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
- CPPSEC2105 Provide quality services to a range of security clients
- CPPSEC2106 Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
- CPPSEC2107 Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
- CPPSEC2108 Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
- CPPSEC2109 Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
- CPPSEC2110 Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
- CPPSEC2111 Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
- CPPSEC2112 Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
- CPPSEC2113 Escort and protect persons and valuables
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Why choose Executive Training Group?
ETG is an accredited Registered Training Organisation delivering Nationally Recognised qualifications for licensing outcomes for 20 years to thousands of students. We do what we train our directors own 2 security businesses
LOCATION: Advised on enrolment DRESS CODE: Neat & Casual. No Singlets or Thongs
FIRST DAY: Please arrive approximately 1/2 hour early to complete any outstanding paperwork.
Don’t wait book your place now!
ETG trainers impart their expertise, skills and knowledge to you, so you are fully prepared to enter the industry. Classes fill quickly, so be sure to enrol early to secure your place.
Share this course brochure with firends and family today.
Face To Face (Online & Written Components MUST BE completed prior to these dates).
|July 27 - 30
Aug 2 - 5
|Aug 16 - 19
Aug 23 - 26
|Sept 13 - 16
Sept 20 - 23
|Oct 11 -14
Oct 18 - 21
|Nov 8 - 11
Nov 15 - 18
|Nov 29 - Dec 2
Dec 6 - 9
Want to make Security your next career?
This is just the beginning, Take the next step today!